We offer independent, specialist advice
From the comfort of your own home
Vet Specialists Online was created by veterinary specialists, with the aim of making affordable, independent, expert advice and consultations readily accessible to all pet owners in the UK. We work alongside your local veterinary practice to ensure your pet gets the best outcome possible.
Why seek the opinion of a veterinary specialist?
All veterinary surgeons are highly trained medical professionals. Veterinary surgeons working in general practice are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to caring for your pet and are always the first point of contact for any questions or problems with regards to your pet’s health. Examples of when a consultation with one of our specialists could be helpful include;
- You need help deciding which treatment to pursue for your pet
- Previous tests have failed to reach a definitive diagnosis
- A diagnosis has already been made but the prognosis / outcome is unclear
- A diagnosis has already been made but the best treatment option is unknown
- The next steps to investigate your pet’s problem are unclear
- Your primary care vet has has suggested consulting a specialist, but you are not sure if you can commit the time, travel or finances associated with visiting a specialist centre
- Your pet has not responded to previously tried treatments
- There appears to be multiple and varying options for your pet and you are not sure which to choose
- You or your local vet would just like to have the additional ‘piece-of-mind’ that comes with having the opinion of a specialist
Want to know whether we can help you? Email us with any questions you might have at [email protected]
How it works
It’s easy to get a specialist opinion on your pet’s condition
Request a consultation by filling out our online request form.
We will contact you with an appointment date and time.
We collect and review all of your pet’s previous history and test results in advance of your consultation.
Phone call or video
Your video or telephone consult takes place.
You and your local vet receive a written summary of what was discussed during your consultation.
What we do
We provide a service that allows you, the owner, to seek the opinion of a veterinary specialist via telephone or video consultation.
We offer independent, specialist advice from the comfort of your own home and without the commitment of further tests, treatment or significant costs. During your consultation with one of our specialists, we can discuss all aspects of your pet’s condition, including options and recommendations for further investigation, the diagnosis (or potential diagnoses), potential treatment options and the likely prognosis.
Conditions we can help with
Need help with something else?
Our service allows you, to seek the opinion of a veterinary
specialist via telephone or video consultation.